For this treatment a local anaesthetic cream is used to numb the lips. Dermal filler is then injected to give you the result you desire, this can be just to the vermillion border of the lip (if you only want to increase definition but not size) or injected into the body of the lip as well as the border. All treatments are tailored to your wishes.
Small volumes are injected to give a natural look for both lip enhancement and lip reshaping. If needed more filler can be added on subsequent visits. Results are instantaneous however you will need to wait for the swelling to go down before assessing your new lips. Expect swelling for the first 12-24 hours and some bruising, which can be covered by makeup.
Lips are best augmented incrementally, with a small amount placed at each session until you reach your desired shape and volume. Once you have achieved your desired volume and shape you can anticipate having the lips touched up every 6-9 months.
You will be able to return to work the same day.
Dermal fillers are used to soften facial lines and wrinkles, giving you a refreshed appearance. Fillers can be used to fill hollows of the face. The objective is to create a natural anti-ageing look.
The following areas can be treated:
- Frown lines [between eyes]
- Nasolabial folds [nose to mouth lines]
- Lines around the mouth
- Marionette lines [downward furrows from corners of bottom lip]
The amount of filler is individually tailored to your needs and goals.
They are also used to shape facial contours, such as cheeks and chin, and revitalise the skin.
The most common areas to be injected are:
- Cheeks – to create definition, provide a ‘lift’ and restore the cheekbone prominence
- Jaw – to create a stronger and more defined jawline
- Chin – to soften jowls and improve proportions in the lower face including correcting for side profile appearances
- Temple – to restore smooth contours and create balance in the upper face
- Lips – to create that irresistible ‘pout’!
The treatment is virtually painless as the area is numbed with either local anaesthetic cream, a local anaesthetic injection or a combination of both.
Instant results lasting from 12 to 18 months, depending on the fillers used. Penelope uses Voluma or Volift, part of the Vycross range of Hyaluronic Acid fillers made by Juvederm.
You can return to work the same day.